Tyros 332 BC

Frankzett

Re: Tyros 332 BC

Beitrag von Frankzett » Sa 29. Dez 2018, 13:53

Die Nacharbeit hat sich wirklich gelohnt, die Proportionen wirken ausgeglichener.

Viele Grüße
Frank

sansovino

Beitrag von sansovino » Mi 2. Jan 2019, 15:44

Von diesem never-ending Projekt kann ich nie genug an neuen Bildern sehen. Es wäre schön, wenn einige Figuren und Schiffe in den Handel kommen könnten. Bin sicher, dass einige Sammler dann gern zugreifen würden.

Ich fand gar nicht die alten Figuren zu abgemagert. Damals dürfte das einfache Volk oft gehungert haben. Dazu passten die Körper. Allein die Arme waren manchmal zu lang. Da sind die neuen Figuren deutlich besser und wahrscheinlich später auch besser/einfacher für Serien reproduzierbar.

Mr Cryns, einmal mehr Chapeau für einen genial-talentierten Maniac ....

Cryns

Beitrag von Cryns » Fr 4. Jan 2019, 18:14

Hallo liebe Leute,

Thank you so much for your nice replies, Carnuntum, Wolfgang, Frankzett and Sansovino.

Sansovino it was great to meet you finally at 2.Dioramica. Its a pitty I had not more time to get to know you in real life.
But I am sure we will have a second meeting somewhere in the future.
sansovino hat geschrieben:
Mi 2. Jan 2019, 15:44
Es wäre schön, wenn einige Figuren und Schiffe in den Handel kommen könnten.
You are not the only one who says that. Customers are piling up, especially for my ships. But after two years of working constantly in cooperation with several German producers, nothing has been achieved. My best model and figurines are laying for nine months now somewhere far from my home on a German shelve. Nothing has been done with it for those nine months. Trying to return my property was not successful until now. But it can be worse: another producer returned my work within only one week together with a very reasonable invoice. That's fast, isn't it? Guess what? All the originals were badly damaged (some had complete legs missing that still stuck in the mould) and the leg-less metal copies had so many air-bubble holes in them, I put them back in the box, never looked at them again and now I even forgot where I left that box.
sansovino hat geschrieben:
Mi 2. Jan 2019, 15:44
Bin sicher, dass einige Sammler dann gern zugreifen würden.
Not if it keeps going this way my dear Sansovino :mrgreen:

So at the moment I cast and sell my ships myself.
I just finished drawing the first halve of a manual for my Kyrenia ship:
Kyrenia manual triple page.jpg
Kyrenia manual triple page.jpg (759.98 KiB) 1365 mal betrachtet
Zuletzt geändert von Cryns am So 21. Apr 2019, 10:23, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Wolfgang
Administrator

Beitrag von Wolfgang » Fr 4. Jan 2019, 18:31

Es ist schon sehr traurig und für dich auch sicherlich sehr ärgerlich, dass es so gelaufen ist. Es ist für mich auch unverständlich.

Ich habe ja auch dein Schiff mal zusammenbauen dürfen, was innerhalb einiger Minuten problemlos möglich war. Es kann also nicht am Schiff gelegen haben.

Die Skizze zum Zusammenbau des Schiffes ist sehr verständlich und gut gezeichnet. Ich wünsche dir so sehr, dass dein Projekt sich trotzdem so entwickelt, dass es großen Erfolg bringt. Das ist allerdings nicht ganz uneigennützig, da mir ein bestimmtes Schiffsdiorama im Kopf rumschwirrt!
Liebe Grüße, Wolle

Bild

Cryns

Beitrag von Cryns » So 6. Jan 2019, 10:24

Wolle thanks for your mental support.
I keep going straight forward.

Last Thursday I have been visiting a Dutch producer of both metal and resin models:
DE TINNEN ROOS in Millingen aan de Rijn.
Its a Dutch company at the Dutch-German border near Nijmegen.
It is the most professional casting company I have ever seen in my life.
And only on 'driving distance' from my home.
They showed me and my wife around in their factory, they have ten to fifteen people working full time to supply British, Chinese and European customers of metal, resin and lasercut models.
But that may be for the future.

For now, I like to continue with Schilling and see if things go better if I work and communicate with them directly. It would already be a great step forward for me if the white metal casting of a set will take only one month instead of the 4 months I experienced last year, not to talk about the already nine months I am facing today.

CHRIS DODSON

Beitrag von CHRIS DODSON » So 6. Jan 2019, 15:13

Hello Mr C and a very Happy New Year to you and your lovely wife.

Sorry to hear of your problems, you deserve better.

Those drawings are brilliant.

Are your talents unlimited?

Just a thought but would a 3D printer be a solution?

Keep up the good work.

Best wishes,

Chris

Cryns

Beitrag von Cryns » So 6. Jan 2019, 16:18

Thank you so much my dear Mr. Dodson. Best wishes for both of you too.
CHRIS DODSON hat geschrieben:
So 6. Jan 2019, 15:13
Just a thought but would a 3D printer be a solution?
3D printed ship.JPG
3D printed ship.JPG (250.29 KiB) 1325 mal betrachtet
Mr. Rob W. , who is a member of our DBMM gaming group, made this ship last year for me.
Its length is 22 centimeters.
It was designed by himself, and printed very cheap on a simple consumers 3-D printer in only one night.
But the quality is very basic and the detailing is limited.
For him it is not possible to print wood veins.
And thats what I do: work in real wood and copy that in metal or resin.
Also there are no round shapes in the hull.
It all exists of small flat surfaces.
It went wrong with the mast and printing my very thin sails with lots of undercutting will be impossible.
Its by the way very difficult for even the most experienced forger to cast my sails.
I can cast them myself but it cost me several hours for only one sail.

About 3D printing: I don't like computers. Like I do not like the semi-computer-driven laserprinter technique because all that comes out of it is straight or very flat or square. I prefer the real old school handwork.

The owner of forgery De Tinnen Roos showed me a surperb 3D printed figurine... but told me for that single figurine they needed several days of printing with a microscopic printing head. Only one copy costed hundreds of euro's. It was worth it because that was only the master and he used that 3D model for casting hundreds of metal copies.

So at the moment 3D printing is much too expensive concerning the quality I like to achieve.
But that will only be a matter of some years and then the old fashioned craftsmanship will disappear for ever.

Regards,

Cryns

Frankzett

Beitrag von Frankzett » Mo 7. Jan 2019, 20:04

It's a pity that there is a delay on this project. We must see it is a complex thing handling with different materials within a model kit. But thums up with your new connections!!
And
About 3D printing: I don't like computers.[...] I prefer the real old school handwork.
...ooohh YES buddy!! :lol:
And I saw Your storyboards You did with Your projects, real on paper, to touch - a style which I like in Francescos scetches too. Well i must say they have their own aesthetics; What tools/pencils did you use there? May be these kind of presentation could be one keys to find an interested manufacturer which shares Your philosophy....

Greetings
Frank

sansovino

Beitrag von sansovino » Mi 9. Jan 2019, 13:57

Mr Cryns, your stories with some german mould-producers makes me really very sad. They are horrible!

I hope you won´t loose the hope to find still a competent partner for moulds and figure-distribution. It has to been possible to produce your wonderful figures and ships in an own serie.

You were so optimistic and energetic during the Dioramica. And you have found there certainly much positive response, that your work find great interest from us collectors and manufactors. Beware your hope and energy! I appreciate to have met you there and we will find certainly next time more time to discuss so many different themes.

And I share absolutly your refusal of 3D-printing. Hand-made figures are still more vivid ....

Cryns

Beitrag von Cryns » Sa 19. Jan 2019, 10:15

Dear Frankzett and Sansovino,

Thank you so much for your mental support again.
Frankzett hat geschrieben:
Mo 7. Jan 2019, 20:04
And I saw Your storyboards You did with Your projects, real on paper, to touch - a style which I like in Francescos scetches too. Well i must say they have their own aesthetics; What tools/pencils did you use there?
Thats a combination of Old School and New School techniques.

First the Old School part: I sketch everything on white paper with a medium hard pencil (Bleistift) that is easy to remove with a wiper (gummy)
When the sketching setup is ready, everything is drawn very carefully again in dark lines with a soft pencil, which is very difficult to wipe out.

And now comes the New School part (which means digital stuff :oops: )
The drawing is scanned, the middle tones darkened, the contrast made higher.
Mistakes are drawn over with a digital pencil. Messy area's are fixed by copy-pasting whole sections.
Also the white-grey highlights are added digitally in pencil style.

Highlights could also be achieved in the Old School style by white color pencil but then the original paper should have a middle grey or middle brown color to start with.

Antworten