Tyros 332 BC

stenfalk
Re: Tyros 332 BC

Beitrag von stenfalk » Fr 2. Apr 2021, 16:57

Ich hatte glaube ich schon mehrmals angedeutet, dass ich mir verschiedene Haltungen der Cryns'schen Seeleute auch super im sportlichen Bereich vorstellen könnte. So auch dieses Mal. Falls also einer von den Dioramenbauern noch eine Idee sucht:

Tauziehen gehörte von 1900 bis 1920 zum Programm der Olympischen Spiele. 1900 in Paris traten nur zwei Mannschaften an, ein französisches Team und ein gemischtes Team mit Dänen und Schweden. Jede Mannschaft bestand aus sechs Sportlern.

Jetzt muss es nur noch jemand machen! :D
Beste Grüße,

Bild

www.stenfalk.de

Cryns

Beitrag von Cryns » Di 20. Apr 2021, 14:21

Thank you dear Dirk, Wolle, Ebgert and Torsten! :D
Wolfgang hat geschrieben:
Mi 31. Mär 2021, 13:12
man könnte sie auch noch für ganz andere Dioramen verwenden.
Siehe hier: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpgiw1i94Io
Yes I watched this scene because you told me about it a few years ago.
Fascinating to see the theatrical opera setup of it (Grosses Kino you call that). It is a nice impressive scene. But also very unrealistic and not according to physical knowledge. Why do the men stand in the bottom of the dock instead of high up the quays? Why do they pull by hand instead of using capstans?
Most of all I was fascinated by these cables going up in the height to the top of the ship. This means, in reality, the men in front of each line of pulling men would be lifted upward by the pulling forces of all the men behind him, followed by the second and third man.
Can you imagine what I mean? :D
Egbert hat geschrieben:
Mi 31. Mär 2021, 12:31
I always regret that you do not work on other epochs.
What epoch would you like to have such men pulling lines, ropes or cables?
Or do you mean ships and harbourfigurines all together in other periods?
stenfalk hat geschrieben:
Fr 2. Apr 2021, 16:57
Cryns'schen Seeleute auch super im sportlichen Bereich vorstellen könnte.
Yes I should. I think one day I will add a set of ancient Greek sportsmen to my range.
stenfalk hat geschrieben:
Fr 2. Apr 2021, 16:57
1900 in Paris traten nur zwei Mannschaften an, ein französisches Team und ein gemischtes Team mit Dänen und Schweden. Jede Mannschaft bestand aus sechs Sportlern.
I found a picture!
Olympic games 1900 French team.png
Olympic games 1900 French team.png (391.83 KiB) 603 mal betrachtet
Some poses look exactly like mine! How wonderfull! Or not?
Unfortunately.... :( these are the French, losing their ground, at the moment of losing the game :|
Maybe I should sculpt the winning team now :shock:

Egbert

Beitrag von Egbert » Fr 23. Apr 2021, 10:33

Cryns hat geschrieben:
Di 20. Apr 2021, 14:21
What epoch would you like to have such men pulling lines, ropes or cables?
Or do you mean ships and harbourfigurines all together in other periods?
I meant that in general!
Personally, I'm more interested in American history from the settlement to World War I or the age of Napoleon.
Your modeling skills of figures with the appropriate accessories would of course enrich every Diorama, regardless of the era
LG Egbert
Bild

Cryns

Beitrag von Cryns » So 25. Apr 2021, 13:54

Egbert hat geschrieben:
Fr 23. Apr 2021, 10:33
Personally, I'm more interested in American history from the settlement to World War I or the age of Napoleon.
I have seen nice work of you about the ancient German and Roman period so there must be some love for ancient history inside of you :D

THE GIANT PAELLA PAN

Since I have a real workingplace now, I was finally able to install this degassing and compressing equipment.

1.jpg
1.jpg (171.05 KiB) 541 mal betrachtet

Through the years I learned by experiment that production is easyer, quicker and less poisonous for myself when all parts of a shipmodel or a complete figurine set go into just one single big group mould.

That is because I only have to close, clamp and clean one mould, I only have to measure one amount of resin, pour only once in just one pouring pipe, clean only 1x the mixing cups, tools, pipets instead of 12 x when I used all these small single object molds in the past.

So I made my biggest mould now. Except for the sail, hull and cargo blocks, all other parts fit into this one mould which is 30 cm x 20 x 4 cm

2.jpg
2.jpg (102.51 KiB) 541 mal betrachtet

The pre-mould is made of plasticine:

3.jpg
3.jpg (90.09 KiB) 541 mal betrachtet
4.jpg
4.jpg (87.59 KiB) 541 mal betrachtet

I decided to use plastic card instead of Lego block system because in the vacuumchamber the air is pulled out the hollow space inside the lego blocks (which is no problem) but it goes partly INTO the silicone which is exactly what I do not want to happen.

5.jpg
5.jpg (94.79 KiB) 541 mal betrachtet

Now I have a real problem: to degass the silicone in my big mould (30 cm = 40 cm diagonally) , the old vacuum pot that was given to me as a gift by Gerard Boom some years ago, is much too small (25 cm wide)

6.jpg
6.jpg (94.59 KiB) 541 mal betrachtet

I need a bigger pot!
It does not have to be high, like all these pots are high because they are designed for pouring cups filled with silicone to degass before pouring into the mold, and not for degassing silicone when it is already I the horizontal mould.
It must be wide.
So online I found this:

7.gif
7.gif (29.64 KiB) 538 mal betrachtet

Its size contains 1 gallon. Its flat. But only 25 cm wide. So much too small.
The biggest one is much higher, contains 5 gallons, but still not wide enough (32 cm) and cost 300 euro including tax and shipping from the USA.
And I need at least 45 cm wide.

So I decided an experimental way and bought this instead:

9.jpg
9.jpg (94.38 KiB) 539 mal betrachtet

A paella pan with an intersection of 50 cm. Price 42 euro from a local supply shop.
At another local shop I ordered a 55 cm x 55 cm x 1,5 cm polycarbonate plate, another 60 euro's.

But how to make it vacuum-tight? How to make an air exit/insert hole? And a valve? And will it all be strong enough?

OR WILL IT IMPLODE? :o

Why are only smaller vacuum pots in the market? Is there a maximum size limit because of safety reasons or because of physical limits of heavy air pressure forces and material strenght?

We will find out soon.

To be continued....

Wittenberg 1813

Beitrag von Wittenberg 1813 » Mo 26. Apr 2021, 10:09

Yummie .... I love paella :lol: :lol: :lol:
Grüßle vom schönen Bodensee

Matthias

Der Schlüssel zum Glück ==> Einfach mal zufrieden sein!

Wolfgang
Administrator

Beitrag von Wolfgang » Mo 26. Apr 2021, 12:54

Du hast nicht nur einen schönen neuen Arbeitsraum, du hast auch technisch extrem aufgerüstet. Da fällt die Arbeit auch wesentlich leichter, besonders wenn man alles so stehen lassen kann, ohne das Wohnzimmer wieder bewohnbar machen zu müssen. :mrgreen:
Liebe Grüße, Wolle

Bild

stenfalk

Beitrag von stenfalk » Sa 1. Mai 2021, 15:21

It is extremely interesting to see how you develop your very own way for realizing your own high demands on your work. For me one of the most exciting current content!
Beste Grüße,

Bild

www.stenfalk.de

Cryns

Beitrag von Cryns » So 2. Mai 2021, 12:05

Thank you dear Wittenberg, Wolfgang and Torsten.

The polycarbonate lid for my paella pan: 53 x 53 cm thickness 1,5 cm:
10a polycarbonate.jpg
10a polycarbonate.jpg (112.74 KiB) 396 mal betrachtet

An air hose coupling piece used as air inlet, pushed into a hole that was drilled tapered (wider at the top, tighter at the bottom) so it will not be sucked inside.
10B air inlet.jpg
10B air inlet.jpg (58.82 KiB) 396 mal betrachtet

Making an air tight rim from an old coax television calbe:
11coax.jpg
11coax.jpg (67.93 KiB) 396 mal betrachtet
10c.jpg
10c.jpg (59.08 KiB) 396 mal betrachtet
13.coaxadd.jpg
13.coaxadd.jpg (51.37 KiB) 396 mal betrachtet

Sealing both ends together with copper wire and silicone:
14coaxtight.jpg
14coaxtight.jpg (27.86 KiB) 396 mal betrachtet

Connecting the air hose from the vacuum pump:
17total.jpg
17total.jpg (101.04 KiB) 396 mal betrachtet

TESTING THE STRENGTH OF THE LID:

What comes now is not a joke:
19atest.JPG
19atest.JPG (166.93 KiB) 396 mal betrachtet

I am activating the vacuum pump while hiding my body and face behind the backrest of a chair to protect myself from pieces of steel and polycarbonate in case they bounce around with force through my workingplace after implosion. How strong is the pan and the lid?

to be continued....

Frankzett

Beitrag von Frankzett » Mo 3. Mai 2021, 17:37

..Man, You are crazy :o
...and Now?? I hope Your'e o.k.?

Greetings
Frank

dirk

Beitrag von dirk » Mo 3. Mai 2021, 18:06

Cryns, dein letztes Foto erinnert mich an die deutsche Fernsehsendung "Bitte nicht nachmachen" ! :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... nachmachen

Als BASF-Mitarbeiter müßte man hier noch eine Gefährdungsbeurteilung und eine Betriebsanweisung erstellen. ;)

Antworten