Tyros 332 BC

CHRIS DODSON

Re: Tyros 332 BC

Beitrag von CHRIS DODSON » Mo 28. Mär 2022, 13:46

Dear Mr C.

You have elevated your modelling to an art form.

Breathtaking stuff.

Best wishes,

Chris

Wolfgang
Administrator

Beitrag von Wolfgang » Mo 28. Mär 2022, 13:50

Was mich immer wieder beeindruckt sind deine Recherchen, wie jetzt mit der Ladung!

Das ist echt "Weltklasse"! Dann kommt dein fantastischer Modellbau noch hinzu.
Liebe Grüße, Wolle

Bild

stenfalk

Beitrag von stenfalk » Mo 28. Mär 2022, 20:43

Too bad I'm not a good figure painter! These models and the whole topic would be a subject that I could definitely imagine working on. :(
Beste Grüße,

Bild

www.stenfalk.de

entrauner

Beitrag von entrauner » Mo 28. Mär 2022, 22:55

superb model!

Michel

Beitrag von Michel » Di 29. Mär 2022, 06:35

Absolute Meisterklasse!
Das ist Handwerkskunst in Vollendung!

...leider in der falschen Epoche! :lol: ;)

Egbert

Beitrag von Egbert » Fr 1. Apr 2022, 08:50

Dear Cryns,
what you show us here can not be models.
They can only be original boats that you have created in some way to downsize in scale 1/72.
LG Egbert
Bild

DirkB

Beitrag von DirkB » Fr 1. Apr 2022, 14:27

Dear Cryns,

this is a wonderful boat. I spare myself further words and am amazed ...

Frankzett

Beitrag von Frankzett » So 3. Apr 2022, 16:56

Well Cryns, it is growing really great with the shipmodel. I love this fotos with all this carved wood structures!

I can understand Your problem, how can you fix the rowers, where should they rest their feet... It is a tricky challenge to fix the rowers feet in a right position, the feet and the oarlocks are the fulcrums of the rowing power.
Here we see the major problem with the design of such a ship. From the keel, the frame, the beams, the oarlocks, the position of the mast .... it lays in the fundamental sketch of this kind of boats.
But wouldn't it fix, if you shift benches forward to the next room, i.e. directly over the beams, and then shifting forward the oarlocks too?

Greetings
Frank

Cryns

Beitrag von Cryns » Mi 6. Apr 2022, 16:02

Dear Gentlement, thanks to all of you for writing so many beautiful comments. :D
Frankzett hat geschrieben:
So 3. Apr 2022, 16:56
I can understand Your problem, how can you fix the rowers, where should they rest their feet... It is a tricky challenge to fix the rowers feet in a right position, the feet and the oarlocks are the fulcrums of the rowing power.
Here we see the major problem with the design of such a ship. From the keel, the frame, the beams, the oarlocks, the position of the mast .... it lays in the fundamental sketch of this kind of boats.
But wouldn't it fix, if you shift benches forward to the next room, i.e. directly over the beams, and then shifting forward the oarlocks too?
Of course I made sure my own rowers will fit into the benches and have their feet on the beams just like it is now.
But a customer may prefer other figurines for manning the oars.
Or use 28mm figurines which should be possible too.
And where to put your feet when in full rowing action?
Re-enactment projects, like this Turkish one from the 1980's with Jasons ship Argo and the Argonouts on the Black Sea, makes clear what you say: where do we keep our feet when we use our whole body for intensive rowing?
rowing Jasons Argo.jpg
rowing Jasons Argo.jpg (477.75 KiB) 1414 mal betrachtet
So its a good advice to keep the rowing banks separate and not fix them.
Initially I was thinking about closing the space under the seats with sheats to cast them in one piece with the hull.
Then I thought of fixing all separate benches on the walkway to have one herringbone-shaped top-structure to cast for each ship.
Now I decided to keep every rowing bank separate and thus I have numbered all seven benches, so the customer knows the following order.

But how did the vikings do this? I always see rowing Vikings, both in pictures and in diorama's, depicted sitting straight up, on a bench or wooden chest and their feet down with their footsoles flat on the deck like a truckdriver. But in that position its impossible to create full force. :?:

Frankzett

Beitrag von Frankzett » Do 7. Apr 2022, 12:34

...it's an interesting Foto you show. O.k. it works if You fix your rowers diagonally tilting back, to put the feet on the benches forward. I think You made your trials with your rower figurines. When I was sculpting rowers for a war ships I had the idea of the Olympias interscalium measure. With the benches - of course you have more Options.
In 72scale the interscalium of the Olympias, from bench to bench / oarlock to oarlock, has around 12mm, what is the measure between your oarlocks?

Greetings
Frank

Antworten